- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Forensic Psychiatry
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, Psychiatry
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, Internal Medicine
- University of Minnesota Medical School, MD
- Undergraduate Education
- Saint Olaf College, BA
- South Dakota, New Mexico, Wyoming
- Dr. Manlove is a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.
Stephen Manlove, MD grew up in Minnesota and has lived and worked in the Black Hills of South Dakota since 1987. One of his life’s missions is to improve the emotional and brain health of children and families in the Midwest. Dr. Manlove is especially interested in recent advancements in understanding the genetic and biochemical foundations of mental illness. Clinicians at Manlove Psychiatric Group use extensive diagnostic studies to identify the most effective treatment for each patient. This allows them to address the specific needs of each patient, personalizing the treatment process.
Dr. Manlove truly enjoys having the opportunity to meet, know, and problem solve with people from all walks of life. In particular, Dr. Manlove is interested in helping people make use of a broad range of therapeutic options including psychotherapy, medication, lifestyle changes, and non-prescription options which may improve their brain health. Dr. Manlove is one of the few providers of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in the upper Midwest.
In his free time, Dr. Manlove enjoys ranch work, wilderness hiking, and endurance athletics.